We charge our phones, computers, cameras, and more… But how much charge are you providing your body? Sleep is the battery recharge that our bodies need to succeed naturally. A lack of sleep can lead to a myriad of issues so we wanted to touch on the importance of this subject.
When we don’t receive enough sleep, our immune systems can lower as well as our moods and productivity. However, when we receive the sleep that our body needs – we can operate as the fine tuned beings that we are.
So What is Enough Sleep?
According to studies, here is the recommended amount of sleep needed:
- Infants require about 12-15 hours a day
- Toddlers require about 11-14 hours a day
- Preschool children 10-13 hours a day (that explains the designated nap time we all knew and miss)
- School-age children 9-11 hours a day
- Teenagers need about 8.5-9.5 hours
- Adults need 7 – 9 hours a night
Of course these numbers can vary, and your body will send you signals if it needs more sleep so be sure to take notice.
A great practice to incorporate when you’re feeling tired is filling up on water or decaffeinated tea. Many times when we’re thirsty, our body may also recognize this as drowsiness and we can feel our systems start to get low due to the lack of energy we receive from H2O. Another great beverage is a green juice. Filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants – they naturally help give us a significant boost in energy and mentality.
If those don’t do the trick, your body may truly be tired or in what is called – sleep debt. Sleep debt can occur when you’ve missed required sleeping time in previous days. As we’ve experienced, it catches up to us. Take the time to get the rest that you need to reset.
Sometimes not getting enough sleep is a product of not being able to fall asleep or having trouble falling into a deep sleep. For this we also have a few recommendations:
- Incorporate physical activity into your day and make sure to work up a sweat
- Don’t drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages past the mid-afternoon
- Listen to a guided meditation – it helps you to relax and escape from the 1,000s of thoughts that occupy our minds throughout the day.
- We also believe in the effectiveness of our Sleep Discs which have naturally helped thousands of people sleep better.
Body Align Sleep Discs
In regards to our Sleep Discs, one of our customers says this, “The sleep disc works amazing. I was on sleeping pills for years. I had to get off them, but I still was not sleeping well. It got so bad that my doctor put me on an anti-depressant. Once the Sleep discs kicked in, I was able to be 100% drug free!
-Meredith from Georgia
The consequences of not receiving enough sleep can effect our entire lives. When we don’t sleep well, we make ourselves more susceptible to illnesses such as the common cold, grumpy feelings throughout the day, and fatigue when we should be feeling energetic.
No one should feel that way! If you’re experiencing a lack of quality sleep, please try some of the tips we’ve shared and let us know how they work. We’d love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Body Align (see all)
- Cell Phone Radiation – How to Protect Yourself & Family From It… - October 14, 2019
- The Human Population Is A Lab For The Cellphone Technologies Worldwide - October 9, 2019
- The Link To Autism and Asperger To Cellphone and Smart Meters Discovery - October 8, 2019
Last Updated on