Back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections. In fact, some experts say, as many as 80% of us will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.
Probably quite accurate considering many of us have already experienced some form of back pain whether it be a sharp pain or a dull ache. It can be a tingling, numbness, or burning sensation.
Thankfully, minor injuries usually heal within a day or two. Some pains however, may continue.
What causes these pains and how long does it take to heal? It differs for everyone.
Back pain may have been caused by improper sitting, lifting, or reaching—and the normal wear and tear of working and playing.
What makes the pain last longer than a few days is not always concrete, but researchers suspect that stress, mood changes, and fear of causing any further damage prevent patients from still being active and exacerbating the pain.
There are several simple steps that can be taken though to help prevent back pain.
• Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
• Remain active—under the supervision of your doctor or chiropractic.
• Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
• Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities.
• Maintain proper posture.
• Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
• Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
• Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
• Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
• Work with your doctor or chiropractic to ensure that your workstation is ergonomically correct.
We also offer Relief Discs which can help to reduce pain or discomfort that you may be experiencing in any part of your body. Some of our customers claim that they feel relief in as little as 5 minutes. They are also a great natural alternative to chemical driven medicines.
If the pain is severe however, we recommend consulting your doctor or chiropractor. Surveys indicate consumers are very happy with the chiropractic services they receive. Since they have a thorough knowledge of the structure and functioning of the human body, they make diagnoses and take conservative steps to correct problems using spinal adjustments, dietary and lifestyle advice, and other natural tools.
Many chiropractors also use our Relief and Purify Discs with their clients for optimized results and a non-invasive therapy that can be used at home.
Latest posts by Body Align (see all)
- Cell Phone Radiation – How to Protect Yourself & Family From It… - October 14, 2019
- The Human Population Is A Lab For The Cellphone Technologies Worldwide - October 9, 2019
- The Link To Autism and Asperger To Cellphone and Smart Meters Discovery - October 8, 2019
Last Updated on