Your Weekly Healthy Habit Catch Some Zzzz’s
Getting a good night’s sleep is extremely important for your health. Eating right is almost as important as eating healthy and exercising 20 minutes a day.
Sleeping well is the foundation of a healthy happy mind and body.
There’s nothing better than waking up well-rested, determined to take on the day with full energy.
When was the last time you woke up feeling refreshed and alert? Or the last time you fell asleep without any effort?
About a third of us toss and turn at night trying to fall asleep and drag ourselves out of bed in the morning.
Most adults require 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night, surprisingly up to 35% of US adults don’t get enough sleep. Sleeping recharges your mind and body, making you more alert, and have better concentration and energy for the day. Sleeping an adequate number of hours has many health benefits such as it helps your body repair itself, improving mental health, strengthening the heart, fortifying the immune system, decreasing inflammation, and reducing the chances of chronic illnesses.
This brings us to the next question, how exactly do we ensure you have the best sleep of your life, every day. Here are science-backed tips to improve sleep quality:
- Maintain a regular wake-sleep schedule
- Make your bedroom comfortable
- Engage in pre-sleep routine
- Avoid chemicals that interfere with sleep (alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, etc)
- Reduce light exposure in the evening
- Going to bed when you’re tired
- Exercising regularly, but not too close to sleep time
In this era of you snooze you lose, taking a break may seem daunting. But science suggests it’s so rewarding. So while you hustle, remember to take care of yourself too.
Sleep Well With Sleep Patch
Sleep Patch - Sweet Dreams
- 6 foods that should be in your daily diet - September 9, 2022
- Learn tips and tricks for a grateful, peaceful life.￼ - September 9, 2022
- See top tips from sleep experts - September 9, 2022